With EgoSecure Data Protection, the German security specialist EgoSecure from Ettlingen, Germany has been the innovation leader in comprehensive data protection solutions for more than 12 years. The innovation in the current product version is Insight. The analysis module first provides an overview of the overall situation of data security in the network. Based on these facts, the protection requirements are determined individually for each company. EgoSecure is the first manufacturer in the world to combine analysis and protection modules in one solution. Both are closely linked in one solution via one management console, one database and one installation and administration concept. This guarantees a fast installation and easy administration. User training is usually not necessary because most of the protection functions take place in the background. All true to our motto “we make the complicated things easy”.
EgoSecure GmbH is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Matrix 42 AG based in Frankfurt/ Main, Germany. The German corporate group maintains worldwide sales and technology partnerships and, with more than 350 employees, supports more than 5,000 international companies of all sizes and all sectors. Thus, the solutions of the Matrix 42 Group make more than 6 million devices more efficient and secure.
In 2012 we introduced the porcupine Egon as an integral part of our corporate identity. The porcupine resonates particularly well with our corporate philosophy, because it is one of the few animals on Earth that needs to fear no natural enemies due to its innovative defense strategy.
The spines are the longest in the entire realm of mammals and are of very different nature, so that they provide optimum protection to each body site.
Even much larger predators do not try to attack a porcupine, and if they try, well let’s just say they won´t try again! And the same could be said of those who might try to attack our customers’ data. However, porcupines are not unpleasant fellows though, quite the contrary. They are very easy to care for, need social contact and are playful. Towards their own they can re-orientate their spines so that they do not hurt them and they snuggle up in cold weather to keep each other warm. Our solution is designed the same way. Although it protects very effectively, it is are friendly to administrators and users. The administration is very intuitive and the protective measures take place in the background. This way the users are not disturbed whilst going about their daily work.
- 2005 – First version of the product Device Management
- 2007 – Portfolio Expansion: Application Management
- 2008 – Expansion to multiple encryption technologies
- 2010 – Data Destruction and Power Management
- 2011 – Natalya Kaspersky invests in the company
- 2012 – Renaming of cynapspro GmbH to EgoSecure GmbH
- 2012 – New product philosophy (C.A.F.E principle, mobile worlds, etc.)
- 2013 – New module: Folder Encryption
- 2013 – Integrated Cloud Security following the C.A.F.E-principle (the world’s first solution)
- 2014 – Acquisition of EncryptionHDD (formerly Secude FinallySecure)
- 2014 – Extension to Network Encryption and Internet-Audit 2014 – New module: E-Mail Encryption
- 2015 – Special solutions for municipalities and for the health care sector
- 2015 – The new module INSIGHT leads into a new era in data security
- 2015 – Change of the release strategy – the versions 10.1 and 10.2 hit the market
- 2015 – Over 2,000 customers use EgoSecure Data Protection (as of 12/2015)
- More than 2,000 customers (as of 12/2015).
- Numerous DAX companies.
- Large number of medium-sized enterprises.
- Almost all industries are represented.
- Large number of clients from the public sector.
- Including many companies with an enhanced security level (banks, criminal police offices, data centers, etc.).